Looking for an easy way to keep the kids entertained this Easter? We’ve pulled together 4 easy activities suitable for the whole family. They require minimal equipment or expertise, so enjoy!
Paper Plate Easter Bunny
Make the perfect Easter decoration at home.
What you need:
– Coloured paper or card
– Pom poms or cotton balls
– Pipe cleaners
– Googly eyes (optional)
– PVA or craft glue
– Texta or marker pen
1. Twist 3 pipe cleaners together to make the bunny whiskers.
2. Glue the bunny whiskers down to your plate. Leave to dry.
3. Stick your pom pom or cotton ball in the middle of your whiskers as a nose.
4. Ask an adult for help drawing and cutting an ear shape with the paper or card. Make one set of ears slightly smaller, these will be the middle section of the bunny ears.
5. Glue the inside of the bunny ears to the outside of the bunny ears. Stick the bunny ears to the plate.
6. Stick on your googly eyes. You could also draw eyes with a marker pen or Texta.
7. Draw on a small bunny mouth. You can even add teeth for extra character!
Watch a video tutorial at: The Best Ideas for Kids.
Make a tasty Easter treat.
What you need:
– 90g of rice crackles, Rice Krispies or Cocoa Pops
– 100g of chocolate
– 60g of butter
– 3 tbps of golden syrup or honey*
*can be removed if the chocolate is sweet enough
– 1 pack of chocolate mini eggs
– 1 muffin tray (12 holes)
– Cake liners
1. Get the adults to melt chocolate slowly in the microwave or over a Bain Marie (in a Pyrex bowl over a saucepan of simmering, not boiling, water).
2. Add butter to the melting chocolate, stir until melted and combined.
3. Add the syrup or honey.
4. Add the rice bubbles and stir into the chocolate mix. Remember not to crush the rice bubbles.
5. Add the cake liners to the muffin tray.
6. Spoon the mixture into the lined muffin tray.
7. Top with mini eggs of your choice.
8. Leave to cool or cool in fridge for faster results.
How to Draw the Perfect Easter Chick
Boost your drawing skills with an Easter theme.
Follow along with Art for Kids Hub and learn how to draw the perfect hatching chick!